Get A list of only top companies in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh - India
About Vizag (Visakhapatnam)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Area: 11,200 Sq.Km
Pin Code: 520001
STD Code: 0891
Official Language: Telugu
Season: December to March
Temperature: Maximum - 34°C, Minimum - 20°C
Vizag, as Visakhapatnam is usually introduced to, has been mentioned by Panini and Katyayana in their writings of the fourth century BC. The Vizag was also a part of the Kalinga kingdom, which was later defeated by the great Emperor, Ashoka.
The city of Visakhapatnam has been called after Visakha, the god of Valor and war. Visakha is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and is also the king of Mars.
Vizag is a booming metropolitan city on the east coast of India. The wonderful city with its twin city Waltair forms a similar blend of noble hills, valleys and golden beaches along the Bay of Bengal coastline.
In addition to being the main port controlling the high quantity of cargo, it has increased oil refining, fertilizer, chemical, steel plant, sugar refining, and also jute industries.
Visakhapatnam (also known as Vizag) is the biggest city and the economic capital of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
Here are some Major headquarters:
A. Administrative Headquarters of Visakhapatnam District
B. Eastern Naval Command of the Indian Navy
C. State headquarters of Indian Coast Guard
Stats of Vizag
1. The population of Vizag, as per the Census 2011, is 17,30,320
2. The city’s sex ratio is over the national average at 977 per 1000 Males.
3. Child sex ratio is still well above the national average at 959 per 1000 Boys
4. The average education ratio as per Census 2011 in the city is 82.66%
5. There are many regions peoples live in Vizag. Like Oriya, Punjabis, Rajasthani (Marwari), Bengalis, Malayalees, and Tamils.
6. Vizag also called to as the 'City of Destiny', 'Coromandel Coast', 'Goa of the East Coast' and 'Steel City'.
8 Interesting Facts about Visakhapatnam
1. The first Naval Base of India is Visakhapatnam.
2. The oldest shipyard of India is located in Vizag. (Hindustan Shipyard)
3. The first indigenous ship was constructed in Vizag.
4. Visakhapatnam has three ports. (1) Outer Port (2) Inner Port (3) Fishing Port.
5. The nuclear submarine INS Arihant was made in Vizag.
6. Vizag is a major tourist attraction, there is a Submarine museum.
7. India's first Earth Metals Extraction plant is situated at Atchutapuram of Visakhapatnam district.
8. The deepest seaport of India lies in Vizag. It is Gangavaram Port which is Inaugurated in July 2009.
Airport: It is connected by air through the Visakhapatnam airport. Regular flights connect the city to major domestic cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, and Kolkata. Also international cities like Singapore and Dubai.
Railway: Vizag is connected by railway to major cities across the states of India. The Visakhapatnam Railway Station is on the Chennai Central-Howrah station route. To develop the train service in the city, a suburban railway station called "Duvvada Railway Station" is being formed into a satellite hub.
Road: You can reach Hyderabad via NH16, distance only 620 km from Vizag. Chennai at 800 km and Bangalore is located at 990 km from Vizag. There are direct bus services to Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Pune, and Chennai from Vizag on daily basis.