Get A list of only top companies in Kolkata, West Bengal - India
Being the Second Largest Populated City in India! Kolkata will amuse you every time you hear about. This place is also the Capital city of West Bengal. Kolkata was formerly known as Calcutta which was capital of British India in 1772.
The first modern University in India was founded here in Calcutta in the year 1857. This city became the place for Modern Indian Arts and Literature Capital. The national movement for New India was also started here. Kolkata has seen many revolutions in Culture, Literature, Freedom and much more.
Facts, you need to know about Kolkata
- It is the hub for both main commercial and financials in Eastern India. It has received a noticeable growth in the late nineties.
- Sports are loved here. Every people in Kolkata either love Football or Cricket. Eden Garden is India’s largest Cricket Stadium in India.
- This city has both modern culture and the culture which West Bengal is known for. Goddess Durga is worshipped here. People from all over the Country and even the World visit every year for Navratri Festival.
- Rabindra Nath Tagore, you’ve heard this name right! Kolkata has amazing Literature history. Since the first Modern university has opened in Kolkata. There are many names in the History of Modern Indian Literature.
- The economy is based on Industrial growth basically. Kolkata has also home to IT Hubs in the city.
Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU) is International Airport of Kolkata. This Airport joins Eastern World to India. It welcomes most of the flights from Europe. It also has regular flights to Major Locations in India like Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, and Bangalore. Apart from Chennai, Kolkata Airport is another name for flight connectivity to the Andaman Islands.
Kolkata has two major Railway Stations. Howrah and Sealdah are two Major Railway Stations for welcoming and starting rail journeys to connect India. There is another train station recently opened a decade ago, Kolkata. Specific trains are being operated from this Railway Station itself.
In terms of connectivity, you can visit International Destinations on road via Kolkata itself. There are many Asian Countries can be reached via road from Kolkata like China via Burma, Singapore via Bangladesh and so on.
To avoid hustle and bustle of city road filled with too much traffic, Bay of Bengal was the only choice left for people in Kolkata. There are regular ferries still operated to connect major parts in Kolkata.