Movers and packers Chennai and Packers and movers in Ahmedabad
How to transport hazardous goods with Packers and movers in Ahmedabad
Every movers and packers Chennai and packers and movers in Ahmedabad Company specifically warns us not to pack any hazardous items while moving the goods. None of the companies allow any hazardous items to be transported. However there are a few relocating companies which help you successfully relocate hazardous items. Such companies will ask you to meet certain guidelines, also the movers and packers Chennai and packers and movers in Ahmedabad companies are supposed to comply with the same. This article will speak in brief the main ways and means through which the hazardous items can be relocated.
Definition of hazardous items
First and foremost it is very important to know the definition of hazardous items. DOT Definition of Hazardous Material includes any substance or material that could adversely affect the safety of the public, handlers or carriers during transportation to a hazardous item is considered .
Transportation of hazardous Goods
Due to the sudden and rapid growth in the chemical industry transportation of hazardous items has increased at a very high rate. One has to be extra careful while transporting such items. Accidents are very common and are very dangerous in case the item that is being relocated is a hazardous item. After the Bhopal tragedy, the legislative has come out with certain guideline which ever movers and packers Chennai and Ahmedabad company has to follow in case it is involved in the transportation of hazardous items.
Central Motor Vehicles act
The rule 129 of the safety code as provided by the Central Motor Vehicles act clearly mentions that:
- 1. Every package containing dangerous or hazardous goods shall display the distinct class labels appropriate to the type of dangerous or hazardous goods.
2. In case of packages containing goods which represent more than one hazard, the package shall display distinct labels to indicate the hazard.
3. The carrier carrying hazardous goods will be fitted with an instrument to record the lapse of running time of the vehicle i.e. a certain speed is to be maintained etc.
Further to this the rule 130 clearly states that the label should be placed at an angle of 45 degrees to the vertical and that the size of such label should not be less than 25 mm square that may be dived into two portions, the upper having the symbol and the lower having the test.
Conditions of movers and packers Chennai and Ahmedabad
The movers and packers Chennai and packers and movers in Ahmedabad Company will ask you to fulfil certain conditions which would include:
- 1. To ensure that the relocating company has the valid license to carry such hazardous goods.
2. That the vehicle being provided by the relocating company is fully equipped with a first aid box and all the necessary emergency medical things.
3. The owner of the goods has to make sure that the driver being provided by the movers and packers Chennai and Ahmedabad Company as well trained to carry such items and has the valid licence to drive the truck.
4. The owner will also have to earmark the route that the relocating company will undertake to transport the goods.
In case of the relocating company the company will have to ensure that the vehicle is safe enough to carry such items, that the driver is well trained, that the owner of the goods is well aware of the nature of the goods etc.
Hazardous goods involve a lot of care and responsibility so make sure you hire a relocating company which is well trained and has the valid license to transport such items.
Movers and packers in Delhi - Movers and packers in Chennai